BPC is the world’s leading provider of open system, e-payment solutions for the global financial industry.
As the developer and distributor of SmartVista — a comprehensive suite of solutions covering every aspect of electronic payments processing — BPC has designed an innovative platform featuring a flexible, scalable, high performance solution, SmartVista, that will grow as clients business grows.
We are looking for a Business Analyst in the Netherlands, Utrecht (assistance in relocation).
The Business Analyst is a key role within the delivery of strategic and robust (software) solutions implemented by BPC’s Project Delivery function. The Business Analyst is part of the (global) Business Analysis Group and reports to the Head of the Business Analysis Group.
As the key (project) liaison between business users and technical specialists (Developers, Implementation Engineers and System Administrators) the Business Analyst is expected to develop a detailed understanding of both the client’s core payments business and the SmartVista product suite that supports this business.
The Business Analyst will be expected to work throughout the lifecycle of a project from kick off, through requirements gathering, supporting development and system configuration, testing and training until implementation and post-implementation support.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand client needs and identify business requirements through interaction with clients
- Document and agree business requirements according to company standards
- Investigate and assess clients’ current IT environment
- Identify and evaluate technical feasibility of potential system solutions
- Create and document functional specifications according to company standards
- Review requirements and functional specifications with clients to ensure a common understanding and to reconcile any conflicts
- Specify the functionality and user interfaces of the system solutions to be developed
- Performs gap-analysis with the assistance of other team members
- Work with Project Managers to estimate and plan analysis activities
- Work with R&D, Architecture, Development and Testing teams to ensure that solution designs and systems delivered meet the business requirements
- Support Implementation Engineers with parameter configuration
- Work closely together with Quality Assurance & Training teams to ensure successful testing and implementation of projects and appropriate training of end users
- Based in Moscow, Utrecht or local BPC office, but will be engaged in global projects.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both oral and written within all levels of an organization
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience in the payment card industry
- People skills including: acting with integrity and respect for others, negotiation, political sensitivity, and service orientation
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Solid decision making and problem solving
- Result oriented
- Initiative and able to work in a self-directed fashion
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- A high degree of attention to quality, detail and deadlines.